Sunday, October 24, 2010

Chronic Dissatisfaction

I wanted to wait a bit to post about the Greek God. I didn't want to curse things. I wanted to see if I could hang on to that euphoric feeling of falling. Unfortunately, those feelings didn't last long for reasons I can't quite pinpoint.

We ended up spending the whole weekend last weekend together. It was wonderful. And very PG. He comes from a very religious family and wanted to wait, which was fine by me. We both jumped in feet first, both proclaiming we hadn't felt anything quite like this. This perfect. I didn't want to leave. He didn't want me to leave. It was a great feeling.

You see, two weeks before I had sat down and wrote out a list of everything I wanted. Core values, and the things that were just wants, not musts. When I got home, I go through the list, realizing he meets every single one. I'm thinking I must have conjured this man up.

We talked throughout the week. Everything seems great, but I can feel the darkness creeping in. Nagging doubts that I can't kick. I don't even know what about. I'm just easily annoyed.

Then this weekend it's the same thing. He is as sweet as can be. Everyone in his life knows about me. He's absolutely crazy about me. I want to be crazy about him. I really do.

Part of the problem might be the sweetheart. He and the girl he was seeing have split up. Now it's nagging at me. I know the Greek God is better for me, on paper, but I just keep wondering what if.

So now I'm terrified I'm going to break this guy's heart. I have no idea what I want. I want a guy that's crazy about me, but doesn't act that way?

3 comments:

  1. you are not alone in that approach. i think every woman feels that way. i just went through a similar experience. i treated a woman exactly like she has always wanted to be treated, except that's not what she really wanted. she wanted mystery and drama.

    women love dissatisfaction and never feeling good enough. they hate feeling used but if you do anything else it just doesn't feel right to them.

    you can't have both. you can't be crazy about someone but not act that way; otherwise, they'll never know.

    tosh got you an extra reader. good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not true, sir. The simple truth is...if it doesn't feel right then it doesn't feel right...the end. In this quest, we r looking for THE person we are going to spend the rest of our lives with. It kills me that women are more picky about what they will wear each day than finding their life partner. Stop being scared to hurt someone's feelings, clinger. As long as you have made no false statements or promises, it's ur life and u choose who you want in it. And throw the damn paper out the window...it won't matter once you find "the one"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were absolutely correct, and I ended up marrying the Greek God. :)

      Delete