Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Big Green Monster

So, the backup plan invites me to eat Mexican with him and his friend after a particularly grueling workout. Of course, I'm all in. He's been jokingly telling me I can take the friend on the cruise with me. So, the friend and I tease each other about that as we're working out.

We go to the mexican restaurant, sit down, and the back up plan proceeds to talk farm talk with the friend and pretty much ignore me. The friend keeps trying to converse with me, and the backup plan, immediately upon my answering any question asks him something about farming. I couldn't quite figure it out, and then it hit me what he was doing. He actually did not want me talking to the friend. He was jealous. And he was trying to puff out his chest by exhibiting how much more knowledgeable he was about farming than his friend.

I got the perfect opportunity to add some fuel to the fire when the friend asks me if I have plans this weekend. I tell him about the big game, which then lends me the opportunity to talk about the greek god. (I wouldn't have brought it up, but the big green monster asked who I was going with.) Somehow, we get on the subject of the guy's appearance (along with his intent "to just get in my pants") so I have to produce a picture. Which I do. This leads to the friend informing the backup plan that he doesn't stand a chance because this man looks like a greek god. Add to that the fact that we have the best "how we met" story he's ever heard. Not a chance. So, the sweetheart makes sure I am aware he's going to visit his new girlfriend tonight.

I think I am finally coming to my senses about him. I've realized something, and that is that if I asked him to come over for the night, he would. Despite the fact that he has this girlfriend. That makes him not good enough, in my book, because I would always wonder if he was doing the same to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment